Saturday, January 7, 2017

Sometimes You Don't Need a Full Verse

 
This morning as I got up, I tried to get my Bible time in before the grandbabies woke up.  I sat in my chair, got my Bible stuff laid out and as I was reading though Acts I came across this verse.  Acts 26:22 starts by saying, "Having obtained help from God, I continue...."  Immediately these few Words spoke to my heart.  I have so much going on and so much to do but when I obtain God's help, when I cry to Him to fulfill all my needs; physically, mentally and spiritually, that's when I'm able to continue.  The devil is constantly fighting and trying to distract me and get me off track spiritually, mentally and physically in every area of my life and the only way to continue on with joy and peace and strength is when I get my help from God.  I read this over and over, meditated on it and prayed for God's help in every area of my life as I continue on living for and serving Him.  I am so thankful that God gave me a nugget in those few Words as the kids got up very soon after and our day of running, playing and keeping things clean started!
 
 
After breakfast we headed to the church to help pack the visitation bags for today.  In our bags we put a pamphlet with info on our church and the plan of salvation, a flyer for the bus and one for the teen group, a marked John and Romans, a trillion dollar tract and an Almond Joy candy bar that says, "The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength" on the back.

 
It was so cold today and never got higher than 15 degrees with a wind chill making it much, much colder, so we were so excited when we had a couple of people brave the temps and come out and help get these handed out.  I stayed home with the babies but my husband said they were able to canvas a full neighborhood before the cold drove them back to the warmth of the church.  We are praying for each house that was visited today, first off that hearts will be touched and people will see there need for salvation and second that we will see visitors come because of these packs.
 
Now to turn my thoughts to tomorrow!  Love Sundays and so excited to see what God has planned for us!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment