Thursday, September 27, 2012

Beautiful Rainy Day

There is just something about a rainy that seems to slow the day down and makes you want to curl up in a chair with a good book, and that is exactly what I did!  This morning I spent extra time cuddled up in my chair reading my Bible.  I just couldn't get enough of God's Word this morning!  What words of peace, words of comfort, words of wisdom I always find that make me feel so calm and peaceful and joyful.  I am in 1 Chronicles right now and love the story of David and his life. 
The more I read it, the more interesting things I find about his life and all the people around him. 
 
 
 
I have been praying for several months about this years children's Christmas play.  I always write my own play but this year have had no idea what to write it about.  Several weeks ago God put the story of a King and his Son into my heart and mind and as I studied this morning I read over Luke 14 and Matthew 22.  It is slowly coming together in my mind of the parable of the marriage feast and the parable of the evil husbandman showing the story of salvation.  I am so excited and started writing a page of ideas and possible songs.  I have a month to put it all together before we start practicing in November.
 
I also spent time today cutting squares for a new Puff Quilt I am making.
 
 
Hopefully I will be able to get everything sewed together in the next couple of weeks as I love to have a new quilt every winter.  If today is any indication, winter will be here before we know it.  It was so chilly today my sweet hubby lighted all the furnaces today so we could have a little heat.  Not looking forward to cold weather but am looking forward to the slower pace winter seems to bring to busy schedules!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment