Tuesday, January 25, 2011

19 Years!

Today I got to celebrate 19 wonderful years with my dear sweet husband.


He was so sweet and woke me by bringing in 12 long stem roses and chocolate.  He was actually running out the door as he had someone that needed his help but I still felt very cherished.  As I got up to do my Bible reading, I found on top of my Bible a sweet, sweet letter that my sweet husband wrote me.  It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips.  God has blessed me with a an amazing man!  After his busy morning he came home and we were able sneak away for a quiet brunch.  I do not know what happened to the afternoon as we were both running in different directions,  him helping a dear lady in our church and talking to a few others, while Mason and I were running
and getting things prepared for teen night.



For Teen Nights my husband has been teaching a series of lessons he calls "Beware, Your Attitude is Showing".  It's been very good and I pray for the teens as they are challenged to make sure their attitude is one that is acceptable in God's sight. (Psalm 19:14)  For game time we gave the kids glosticks that they attached to their shoes and wrists and gave them nerf guns and let them play a combination of Nerf Gun wars and Hid and Seek in the dark.  They loved it!  For verse time we continued to memorize Philippians 4 and quizzed them on each verse. 
They have worked really hard on Philippians 4 and I think they will do great at the verse quizzing.

After we fed the teens, Mason drove them all home and Chep and I
took a leisurely drive around town and just enjoyed being able to talk and enjoy each others company without interuption.  We are looking forward to another year of wonderful things as we watch
God guide our paths where ever He wills!

No comments:

Post a Comment