Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lazy Saturday

It has been a very slow Saturday and I have loved it!  
It is so nice to have a day without nonstop running every once in a while.  Since there was no where to go and nothing pressing to do I sat and totally enjoyed my Bible study and fellowship with God. 
 
I then sat down and finished the first square in my "Praying for Ben" quilt.
 
 
The colors look a little washed out in the picture but I really liked how it turned out.  In the corner of the middle square I put a silver cross with a fish symbol on it.  At one point in my sister's life, she wanted to be a tattoo artist and practiced on my little brothers.  She gave each of them a Christian fish tattoo on their ankles so when I saw this cross piece I had to get it as it symbolizes a time in Ben's life.  (I personally hate tattoo's with a passion and am so glad I was gone the day my sister was giving these tattoo's!)  The quilt square is 16x16 and I figure I need 30 squares to get the size I want and since there are 30 weeks until Ben gets back I figure on I have to do at least one square a week.  I'm planning on making each square different in pattern and material used so it will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
 
At noon today we headed to our local Home and Ranch store
where one a couple of our church kids were selling hamburgers for a 4-H fundraiser.  When we got there we found a table with several of the ladies from our church sitting there.
 

We sat with them and enjoyed the 'spring' weather and ate hamburgers and laughed and laughed.  we only planned to be there for a few minutes but ended up staying over an hour as we fellowshipped with these dear ladies!
 
After our wonderful lunch I had paperwork to get done at church and a few other things to get done in preparation for tomorrow.  As it continues to be a lazy Saturday night I think it is time find a good movie and have some cuddle time with my sweet husband!
 
Praying everyone has a wonderful Sunday tomorrow!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment