Saturday, February 9, 2013

If...........

 
I recently ordered "If" by Amy Carmichael and read it through in one setting!   Each "If" gripped my heart and made me think and re-evaluate myself.  Here are a few of my favorites from the book.
 
If I belittle those whom I am called to serve, talk of their weak points in contrast perhaps with what I think of as my strong points; If I adopt a superior attitude forgetting "Who made thee to differ? and what hast thou that thou hast not recieved?" then I know nothing of Calvary love.
 
If I can write an unkind letter, speak an unkind word, think an unkind thought without grief and shame, then I know nothing of Calvary love.
 
If I feel bitterly towards those who condemn me, as it seems, unjustly, forgetting that if they knew me as I know myself they would condemn me much more, then I know nothing of Calvary love.
 
If I say, "Yes, I forgive, but cannot forget," as though the God, who twice a day washes all the sands on all the shores of all the world could not not wash such memories from my mind, then I know nothing of Calvary love.
 
There are sixty-four "If"s in this little book and each one touched me, challenged me and convicted me that "I know nothing of Calvary love".  It definitely has given me some things I need to study out in my Bible and work on changing those areas in my life.  I can personally see where I'm lacking, but at the end of my life I do not want others to look back at the words and actions of my life and be able to shake their heads and say,
"So sad, she truly knew nothing of Calvary love".   
 
My God, my King, my Savior, help me as I strive to live my life for you.  Show me where I fail daily and help me to overcome those things so I can live my life fully as your devoted servant in all I say, think and do. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment