Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall Leaves and Candy Corn Cookies!

We had 19 ladies tonight at our Ladies G.A.B Night!  We had so much fun with so many ladies in the room and got so much done!
 
 
Our devotion tonight was about the fall and the leaves changing colors because of temperature change, lack of water and changes in the sunlight.  We too, as Christians, should be changing brilliant colors as God carries us through times of drought, fervent heat or the many trials
and tribulations we see day by day. 
 
Job 23:10 - But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me,
 I shall come forth as gold.
 
 For the door prize I gave away several colorful, leaf shaped candle holders that would remind the ladies of tonights devotion.
 

Of course we had lots of yummy food! 
I have been trying to do a no sugar diet but totally forgot as I ate a brownie and some banana pudding!  
 
We then split into smaller groups and worked on several projects. 
 

We have not changed decorations since Easter so the ladies took down all the spring flowers and spring wreaths and decorated for fall. 
 
The other ladies worked on welcome gifts for our visitors.
 
 
We had bags and bags of Candy Corn M&M's so I wanted
to use these somehow.  I found a recipe for Candy Corn M&M Cookies
so I printed it on colored paper and the ladies cut around the edges
with fancy scissors and glued the recipe to a darker piece of paper
also cut with fancy scissors.  They attached a fall leaf to the recipe card
and attached the card to the bag of M&M's with raffia.  (No matter what I did, I could not turn the picture right side up!)  I think they are a cute and fun gift to hand out to our visitors for the next few weeks! 
 
Of course through all of tonights activities,
we talked and laughed and enjoyed being together.
 
Blest be the tie that binds
our hearts in Christian love;
the fellowship of kindred minds
is like to that above.



No comments:

Post a Comment