Friday, August 31, 2012

Why Are We Surprised by Answered Prayer?

Several months ago my husband asked me to pray
 about a matter with an individual that he needed to handle.  He asked me to pray for him to have wisdom to say the right words and handle it the way God would have him to.  It was a delicate situation that could turn very ugly if not handled right.
 
 
I will admit several times the situation angered me and I asked my husband when he was going to deal with it.  He simply told me he was still praying about it and God had not given him peace yet.  He asked me to continue to pray with him and I prayed about it many times a day.
 
This issue came to a head Wednesday night and my husband asked me to fervently pray for he was going to address it Thursday morning.  He stayed at the church for several hours Thursday morning praying before coming to the house and again praying with me.  As he left to take care of the situation I went into my room and knelt by my bed and prayed for him to have strength and wisdom and understanding.  He came back into the house a mere five minutes later, and told me he had simply said the words God had given him this morning and the person he talked to accepted what he said.  My husband had expected backlash, anger and even violence from this person but instead he received a soft spoken 'okay'.  My husband and I were actually shocked that the situation had ended so peaceably and without incident as this is not the nature of the person involved.  Of course we knew why it had gone smoothly, we had asked God to be at the center of the situation and lead and guide my husband and God answered our every prayer.
 
I have been saved for over 30 years and prayed for many things and seen God answer time and time again but there are still times or situations that I pray for that when God answers I am shocked and amazed that He has answered so fully, totally and completely.  What an awesome God we serve!
 
John 14:13 - And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
 
Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment