Monday, August 27, 2012

Crockpot Week

My poor husband told me that he is starving!
The last few weeks have been so busy that I really have not cooked at all. 
We have eaten out quite a bit and then just grabbed whatever we find in the fridge or freezer.  I told him that I would do better this week and make sure I cook every day this week!  I actually hate to cook because it takes so much time and makes too many dishes!  I do love to crock pot though as  all I have to do is throw some stuff in the crock pot in the morning and it is totally done but dinner time.  No mess and takes no time!
 
Sunday I put a chicken and potatoes and carrots in the crock pot.
 
 
It was done after morning services and was a wonderful lunch.
Church was great yesterday and we had a full house even with a few families sick or on vacation!  We had several visiting families come Sunday morning and we were thrilled to see them again that night!  We also had a family join our church.  So exciting to see the House of God so full of people wanting to worship Him!
 
In between services I worked on painting our Bible Adventure wall
and also cuddled our new little man!  He is definitely going to be spoiled but I could not pass up some grandma time!
 

 
He was so sweet and slept the whole time I painted! 
Still quite a bit to do on the wall but it is coming along quite well.
 
For dinner tonight I made barbecued beef short ribs which is simply short ribs with barbecue sauce poured over them.  They were so good and the meat was just falling off the bones!
 

  I also tried two new recipes, one which was Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
 
 
For the potatoes I simply put two pounds of potatoes in the crock pot, cut and quartered with their skins on, poured 1/4 cup water on them, added 3 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.  After cooking them on low for 7 hours I beat them with my beater and they were ready to go. 
These were really good and the bowl was almost licked clean!
 
Then I also tried Banana Loaf for which I mixed together 3 bananas,
 1/2 cup margarine, 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar,1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon baking soda.  I greased my 2 lb. coffee can and put the mixture in it and then put the coffee can in the crock pot.  I then put 6 paper towels over the coffee can and then put the crock pot lid on.  The paper towels absorb the moisture in the crock pot during cooking.
 
 
This is what is looks like if you forget to put in the baking soda! 
 I was trying to get the banana loaf in and talking to my husband on the phone who needed me to hurry and run an errand for him, so I was hurrying and totally forgot to finish reading the recipe and put the baking soda in.  Even without the baking soda, this was so good and we definitely will make it again!
 
Chep says he loved dinner and is looking forward to tomorrow night!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment