Wednesday, January 25, 2017

God Has Been the Glue .......25 Years


25 years ago seems so long ago! 
We were young, naïve and in many ways stupid but we thought we were so in love.  I know every marriage has their story, has their struggles and has heartaches and joys and ours has been no different.  The thing that has set our marriage apart has been that there is seriously no good reason that we are still married according to the world's view.   Not many people know our story, as it's not just my story to share, but my husband and I both know and have seen marriages fall apart for lesser problems than what our marriage has been through.  As we sat talking this morning, amazed that we had actually made it 25 years, my husband summoned it up with these words,
God has been the glue........  God had been the glue that held our marriage together for many years even though most others would have given up and moved on.
 
When I found out the family bondage that hung over and dictated our marriage........
God has been the glue
 
When our house was full of strife, anger and hateful words........
God has been the glue
 
When I stood outside and cried out to God, change me, change him, change something........
God has been the glue
 
When the military separated us for months and months and months at a time.........
God has been the glue
 
When I thought he was the problem and he thought I was the problem........
God has been the glue
 
When we were both so lonely even when we were together..........
God has been the glue
 
When I became callous and hard hearted to my husband...........
God has been the glue
 
When both our hearts were broken and it looked like there was no way to overcome........
God has been the glue
 
When we were both tired of fighting and just wanted peace........
God has been the glue
 
When we both felt unloved by the other......
God has been the glue
 
When I said I was done and I couldn't do one more day..........
God has been the glue
 
 
 
It is because of Him and Him only that we are still together, still working to love the other, still working to uplift and encourage each other, still working day by day to be one, still working on so much as we continue to grow in our relationship with God and each other.  God has been the glue!  He has led us, guided us, and held us together in the hard times and helped us to have a stronger and more passionate marriage.
 
I am so thankful for my husband and the love and faithfulness he has for God and I am looking forward to the next 25 years of our life.  I don't know where God will lead us or what we will go through, but no matter what, I do know that........
God will be the glue.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment