Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happily Ever After


Last night was our Princess "Happily Ever After" Banquet
and we had a royal time!  A lot of our teens and ladies dressed in their Princess best and everyone looked so nice. 
 

I got some ideas on Pinterest for decorations
 and I think it turned out so cute! 
 
 
 I also found a Princess cake on Pinterest I fell in love with
(see the cake here)  and tried to make it  but as you can tell I am not a baker or a cake decorator!  Epic failure, but it was at least still edible!
 
For our devotion I shared with the ladies about having a Princess heart
 in this not so Princess world.   We talked about Eve and how she
was truly the first princess living in a totally perfect world. No dirty diapers, no piles of laundry or whining kids, no stressful job, no fighting with Adam, no stress, no drama, just total and utter peace, happiness and love............
well until she sinned and life went down hill from there.   It's hard to see all of God's goodness when we let sin rule in our hearts and then when our hearts are overcome with sin, we can't be filled with the peace, joy and happiness that God wants each of us to have.   We then talked about a princess heart, how God shows us how to have a princess heart and how we need to guard our hearts closely to keep sin out.  It was really a fun devotion
and many ladies told me they just loved it.
 
 
For our craft we took headbands and glued rhinestone gems 
on them to make simple Princess tiara's.
 
 

The teens and ladies really loved the craft
and I even saw a lady out shopping today wearing her tiara!
 
I ended the night by reminding ladies that when we live God's way
it is possible to have a "Happily Ever After" life because a true Princess starts on the inside, not the outside.
 
Thank You God for loving me and helping me through every challenge and circumstance this world throws at me.  You are my Prince Charming, you are my King and love me even when I don't deserve it.  Thank you for my my life because throough you I truly have a "Happily Ever After" life and I love it!
 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment