Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Widow's Mite

 
I felt very honored today when the ladies from our Widows Mite
group included me in their monthly luncheon.  It was such a sweet time of fellowship with these ladies as we talked and laughed and I listened and learned from their many years of wisdom.  Our Widows Mite group is so special and they are always looking out for each other.  When one of our widows have a need, they take that need to Pastor and Pastor makes sure the need is met.  At this month's meeting they talked about our missionaries and how they can bless and encourage them by writing letters and notes. 
I loved my time with these wonderful ladies today!

 
Our county 4-H fair is being held this week so we took Keith
to see all the farm animals.  He was totally fascinated by all the animals
 and tried to pet the llamas. 

 
The chickens and ducks seemed to scared him a little, 
but with his daddy holding him he was able to look in their cages.
 

We saw sheep and goats and chickens, turkeys, ducks and cows.  It took quite a bit of time to walk through all the barns and look at all the animals and by the time we made it to the pigs, Keith was so tired he didn't even want to look at the sqealing piggies!  We packed him up in the car and he was asleep before we pulled out of the parking lot! 
 
From our widows to my Little Man, I was so blessed to be able
to spend time with all my favorite people today!



No comments:

Post a Comment