Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Month of Thank You's


 
August 20th is my sweeties birthday!  I truly love this man with all my heart and am so grateful that God allowed me to be his help meet!  I recently read "Choosing Gratitude" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and I am finding so many areas of my life where I am not showing my gratitude and thankfulness for all the blessings God has surrounded me with.  One of those areas is my husband, who I am thankful for in so many little ways but do not tell him.  Since this is his birthday month, I decided to pick one thing a day I'm thankful for about him and then write him a love letter centered on that one thing. 
I also decided to give a little gift to go with each letter or card.

 
Yesterday, on the 1st, I wrote and told him how thankful I am for his faithfulness to church and God.  In the last twenty years our family has not missed a church service.  There have been a few times when one of us has been sick and had to miss but the rest of the family went to church.  I have seen my husband be on spiritual highs but also seen him be on spiritual lows but still, no matter how he was feeling emotionally or what he was struggling with spiritually, he has always made sure our whole family has been in church every week and to every service.  Being faithful to church has made our family stronger and each message has helped us to grow closer to our Lord and Savior and I am so thankful for my husbands consistency in this area our lives!  I gave him a pen that when  squeezed the eyes pop out of the bear.  Kinda silly but if you knew my husband you know it fits him perfectly!

 
Today I wrote to him and thanked him for his joy and happiness.  My husband amazes me because he is rarely ever in a grumpy, mad or agitated mood.  He never wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and he never mean or snappy!  He is always, and I do mean always happy!  In fact he makes me mad because he is always so happy and joyful!  If he is ever grumpy or acting irritated, I know he must be sick or something is really, really wrong.  Those very rare times he does act grumpy, mad or irritated, he tells me what's wrong and goes and prays about it and within minutes he is happy again!  He just can't stay grumpy for more than a few minutes.  It is a quality that I love about him! 
Of course because I was thanking him for his happiness and joy I had
 to get him an Almond Joy bar which he so sweetly shared with me!
 
After I had given him the card and he read it, he told me
 that my letters the last two nights had been so encouraging to him
and he told me thank you and gave me the sweetest kiss. 
 I definitely like how this is going and we are only on day 2!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment