Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vacation Time

Last Thursday Chep and I left for a short vacation. 
We went up to Oregon where we met with a dear missionary friend from Indonesia.  He is here in America for the next year raising support for his ministry and we were privileged to help him by supplying him with a vehicle.  We stayed several days before heading over to Idaho to spend Memorial Day with our family.  This is the first year I have been able to put flowers on my dad's grave for Memorial Day and it meant alot to me.  It's been almost two years since we lost him
but I still miss him every day!



Yesterday, before leaving Idaho, we were able to go to my dad's house and we took clusters of Hens and Chicks and starts of his lilac and cherry bushes.  We left for home and drove all afternoon and night and made it back to Wyoming at midnight.  It was so nice to be back in our own comfy bed!  I wish I could say we slept in but after being gone a week there was just to much to do, so Chep and I both were up and running as soon as we saw the sunshine.  I had a wonderful Bible study this morning as I finished the book of Deuteronomy and my study focused on praise.  I love this verse!  Deuteronomy 32:4 - He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.  With this thought running through my head, I got up and cleaned my house.  Although Mason did good and did not make that big of a mess, it definitely needed some tlc.  Mason had dirtied every plate and cup in the house and had left them all in the sink.  Neat and organized but still unwashed in the sink!  Chep then helped me plant all the lilacs and cherry bushes in the yard.  We are praying that they grow as I loved these growing up and not only are are they sentimental to me but all the green will help the yard look better.  I then spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the prophets chambers and getting it ready for a missionary family that we will be having stay with us tomorrow.  The day flew by and before I knew it, it was time for church.  Still have a ton of things on my list for tomorrow but I am so happy to be home from vacation and back into our busy routine!


No comments:

Post a Comment