Tuesday, April 25, 2017

This Is........

 
This is what ministry looks like.  Not always preaching or teaching, not always counseling or visiting but simply helping.  Helping when someone says all the light bulbs are burnt out in their kitchen.  Lighting a pilot light on the hot water heater for a mom who's husband won't be home from work until late and she has dishes to wash and kids to bathe.  Taking someone to the doctor or the hairdresser and waiting patiently for them so you can then take them back home again.  Going to the part store to buy and then installing a new battery so someone can get to work on time.  Helping our older people shop and put their groceries in their car and taking the electric cart back into the store.  Shoveling the last of the spring snow off people's sidewalks and towing someone's old car to the junkyard.  The list goes on and on..... It's been a busy month for us as we minister to our church people and help them both spiritually and physically but we are loving each moment as we get a chance to talk, laugh and love on each family in any and every way the Lord gives us.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this. I needed to hear this. So often I wonder if I am doing anything worthwhile because I can't work, don't teach, don't preach, etc.
    By the way, I am looking at past emails I received from you and now I don't get any. Is there something I should do? I enjoy your blogs. My email address is cookcleangolf@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the encouraging words Jen! I have not written any new posts for a while but am planning to start writing again soon! Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to share but I know that’s the devil trying to discourage me!
    Society today tells us if we don’t work or do something “big” we are being worthless or wasting our time but this is not true! Our society has lost the loving touch of helping others in small ways here and there and those small loving touches are so important! Don’t let society tell you your worth but find your worth in God and reaching out to the least of these that often get overlooked in our fast paced world! Praying for you as the grace of God guides you in all you do!

    ReplyDelete