Friday, October 7, 2016

Grumbling or Counting?


Last night my husband got some very disturbing news that could adversely hurt our church.  Although we prayed about it, thoughts of the impact kept running through my mind as I drifted off to sleep.  When I awoke this morning I was still thinking of these things and my attitude was not very good. 
 As I sat down to have my prayer time, I think I grumbled and complained to God more than I really prayed.
 
After my devotions I started a batch of coconut bread to take out to several people I'm witnessing to.  Of course halfway through I realize I'm out of oil.  I quickly showered and did my hair so I would look presentable as I went out, of course I was grumbling the whole time.  I got to Walmart and picked up the oil and got stuff to make the men's Bible study dinner with and decided before I left the store I would check out the clearance aisle.  Love the clearance aisle!!!
 
The first thing I saw was this lone pillow sitting on the shelf.  "Count Your Blessings"  I had definitely not counted my blessings this morning, in fact I had only counted what was wrong with our situation.  Everything I grumbled about made me think of something else that made me grumble more!  I felt like God was speaking directly to me, telling me He was tired of my grumbling and wanted me to stop and Count my Blessings.  At that moment I repented and told God I was sorry and right then I did start counting my blessings.
 
I counted my blessings through the rest of the store and my drive home and as I put the pillow in the chair I sit in and have my devotions in.  I started to cry as I realized how, for God this is a little thing.  God has blessed our church and our family in so many ways that I am not going to look at my grumblings anymore but cling to the blessings and promises God has given me!


No comments:

Post a Comment