Thursday, January 7, 2016

Coconut Bread



Already, 2016 has been such a busy year for my husband. 
It seems like I have hardly seen him as he studies, go out visiting and also runs around helping and ministering to those in need.  Sometimes I go with him but at other times he takes other men in the church or has situations
 he needs to handle with privacy.  I promised God this year,
that no matter how much time the ministry takes him away, I will not complain but will find something useful to do so I do not just sit home
and become bored and bitter!
 
Today my husband shared with me his busy day and I decided that I would make up a batch of coconut bread.  If you have never had coconut bread you must make it!  It is absolutely delicious and a family favorite.  I was able to make five small loaves of the batch and then this afternoon I went and visited several of our elderly ladies.  The ladies were so happy to have company and we sat and chatted and chatted.  What a wonderful time I had with each lady and before I knew it, it was time to go home and fix dinner for my husband.  I loved going out an ministering to these dear ladies
 and plan on doing this again soon!
 
Coconut Bread
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 tsp. coconut extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup coconut
3 cups flour
 
Stir and mix well.  Pour into 2 large loaf pans or 5 mini loaf pans and bake at 325* for one hour.  While baking, make coconut glaze.
 
 
Coconut Glaze
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. coconut extract
 
Heat until sugar is melted and pour onto bread while still hot
 and let the glaze soak in.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment