Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Donairs and Ladies Fellowship Lunch

 
Whenever my husband and kids see me bring in Pita bread and Hamburger, they get so excited!  They know the only thing I make with those are Donairs.  Donairs are one of our favorite dishes!  Of course they were a
little upset today when I told them I was making Donairs
for the luncheon I was having with a few ladies!

 
We love Donairs so much that we make several pounds of it as one pound is never enough!  For every pound of hamburger you use add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon flour, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning,
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder,
1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

 
Put hamburger in and then mix, knead and beat the meat
until the meat breaks down into a smooth texture.

 
Put hamburger mixture onto a broiler pan.

 
Shape hamburger into thin loaf. 
My loaf looks big but I used 5 pounds of hamburger.

 
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

 
As the meat cooks slice red onions, lettuce, tomato and shred mozzarella cheese.  Also make the sauce by using one can of evaporated milk,
3/4 cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons garlic powder and
4 teaspoons of white vinegar.  Mix until thickened.

 
Pull meat from oven and slice into thin pieces. 
We eat the meat hot or cold, we love it either way!

 
I invited several ladies over for lunch and we ate and talked and laughed the afternoon away.  We had such a good time! I really meant to take pictures of us around the table but forgot as we got so involved talking and laughing!

 
For dessert I made a Melted Ice Cream Cake.  It was so good!
 
It was such a great afternoon and I plan to have a another group of ladies over next week.  Such a great way to bond with our church ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment