Friday, February 1, 2013

You've Heard it Said.........

An Apple A Day Keeps the Doctor Away!
 
 
But I say......
A Verse A Day Keeps the Devil at Bay!
 
 
Psalms 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
I love to memorize and and usually memorize several verses a week but wanted to make it my goal this year to memorize a verse a day.  Memorizing has been so important in my Christian walk!  Not only has memorizing has helped me to steer clear of the sins that daily try to overtake me but when I am talking with someone that needs help or encouragement, it's amazing how God brings to mind the verses that I have memorized that fits the situation we are talking about.  I have also thought about the day when we longer have religious freedom and want o to be able to quote large sections of the Bible if ever one day I am in a situation where I am not allowed the written Word of God.
 
In January I memorized Proverbs 3:1-35, and for the month of February I have started to memorize Colossians 3.  I love this chapter as it talks about the new life in Christ and Christian virtues.  I am studying the virtues of mercy, humbleness of mind, meekness and long suffering and forbearing one another, (which are not my best strengths),
and trying to apply them faithfully in my everyday life.

 
Everyone has a different method of memorizing
 and I have found that although my method totally confuses my husband, it totally works for me.  Every morning I take my sticky notes and write down the first letter of every word in the verse I am memorizing. 
 I then look at it several times during the day reviewing it.  The next day I review the verse from the previous day(s) and add a new verse. 
I am excited to commit more verses memory and I'm excited to how God will use theses verses in my life!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment