Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hurry and Get Done

That has been the saying around the church today. 
We got the approval to finish the water line and also the guys showed up to put the roof on.  Although it was a gorgeous day today, sunny and hot, they say we will be getting snow tomorrow and freezing temps for the rest of the week!  That means we got hurry and get stuff done!
 
Several of our men showed up to dig the water line and put the required insulation around the new pipe.


 
 We are praying they get the roof insulation covered before it snows!

 
All the guys worked into the night and darkness trying to get things done.
 
 
Kinda scared me watching them walk on the roof in the dark!

 
For dinner I made a pot of Easy Chicken and Dumplings for
everyone that came out to work.

 
A friend in Germany taught me to make this recipe and my family
loves it and requests it often.
 
 
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Boil a whole chicken in big pot of water.  Add four cubes of chicken bullion and cook until chicken is tender.  Take chicken out of water and remove the meat from the bone.  Return chicken meat to water and add 1 family sized can of Cream of Chicken soup.  Let simmer all afternoon.  A half hour before serving, open a can (or two) of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits.  Pull biscuits apart into several pieces and drop into soup. Let dumplings cook ten minutes and serve.
 
In between running errands with my husband, (Sometimes it's the only time I see him!) I made a card and took some flowers to another lady in our church.  God had put her on my heart and I wanted to give her some loving encouragement.  Although I thought she would be home,
 she wasn't so I left them at her door.
 
 
I did get to talk to her tonight and she said the flowers made her cry. 
God truly knows those that need encouragement and I am so glad
He put this dear lady on my heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment