Monday, July 2, 2012

VBS - Day One

We are off to a running start for VBS and I do mean running!
This morning I got up way before my body is used to and threw lunch in the crockpot.  I then sat and did my daily Bible study where I am currently reading 1 Samuel and also studying the different ladies in Proverbs.  (The ladies are not named by name but by character, the strange woman, the foolish woman, the gracious woman, the wise woman, ect.)  I went over to the church and helped set up a few things and then left to go pick up kids.  Our bus driver had to work this week and our alternative driver had a heartattack a few weeks ago so my husband is driving the church van and all the church members are helping pick up as many kids as they can.  We had 28 kids this morning!  What a great number to start the week with and we had so much fun!


This year our missionary story is about Dr. Vic Olsen. The missionary story is one of the kid's favorite parts and our people love acting it out!


Mason and Nathan pretending to climb a grain elevator.  I was waiting for one of them to fall in the baptistry that was still full of water!


Cookie time!




Race Time!  Today the girls were faster than the boys!


 I love Pastor Chep in the background rooting these little guys on!

The kids worked hard on memorzing verses and everyone was so excited to show me all their Bible Bucks that they had earned!  The kids also watched parts of a "Incredible Creatures that Defy Evolution" and heard the story of creation, the fall and God's special plan of salvation.
  We had two kids come forward during the invitation and get saved!  Amen, Amen!!  The kids went home so excited to bring friends and come back tomorrow!

After we fed the missionaries lunch we had to run
and do our usual Monday errands and I needed to shop for food for the menu for the next couple of days.  As soon as we got home I went over to the church and straightened up and then it was time to go
and pick up teens for Teen Night.  We had 15 teens for our first night of VBS Teen Night, so exciting!




 

The teens divided onto their teams for the week and rooted and screamed for thier team! They played several games, listened to a sermon on Cain and Abel and had ice cream floats for their treat.



All the teens were having so much fun they didn't want to leave but we finally got them all into vehicles and took them home.  We then had to clean up the church again and set things out for tomorrow morning.  Funny, but I couldn't find the soap pump for one of the bathrooms!  It  was there this morning!!!  Now time to fall exhausted into bed and do it all again tomorrow for God's glory!  Love VBS!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment